Our school has implemented a number of changes to ensure everyone's safety. Please read below for our most up to date safety information.
Your Responsibilities While in the Building
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
The CDC recommends that schools maintain at least 3 feet of physical distance between students within classrooms, combined with indoor mask wearing, to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. When it is not possible to maintain a physical distance of at least 3 feet, such as when schools cannot fully re-open while maintaining these distances, it is important to layer multiple other prevention strategies.
Face Coverings / Face Masks
The mandatory use of face coverings while on NYCDOE property must be enforced for all individuals, including staff, students, and essential visitors, with the exceptions below. NYCDOE will communicate, educate, and reinforce the required wearing face coverings with families engaged as full partners in this process. Exceptions to face covering usage are as follows:
- Medically verified students who cannot tolerate a face covering, including where students for whom the use of such coverings would impair their physical or mental health;
- Where the use of face covering is inappropriate considering the development level or age of the student (e.g. under two years old);
- Guidance and policies will account for any modifications to social distancing or PPE that may be necessary for certain student or staff populations, including individuals who have hearing impairment or loss, students receiving language services, and young students in early education programs, ensuring that any modifications minimize COVID-19 exposure risk for students, faculty, and staff, to the greatest extent possible.
NYCDOE plays a vital role creating a safe and positive environment for students during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students and staff will need to thoroughly clean their hands as soon as possible upon entry to the school building. In addition, students will be expected to clean their hands repeatedly throughout the day, including but not limited to, between classes, before and after physical education, and before and after meals/snacks.
Drop-off and Pickup Procedures* Pending update
Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building with their child unless arrangements have been made in advance with the office. Please move through the drop-off and pickup line as quickly as possible to make room for families behind you.
Visiting Our School* Pending update
We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Parent and community volunteer and in-person tutoring have been suspended until further notice. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings can be held virtually. All visits must be pre-approved and scheduled with the office.
While in the Building* Pending update
When you enter the building, please check in at the front desk. During check-in, you will be given a nametag and reminded to wear your mask at all times.
- Traffic flow in hallways and common areas: Hallways are marked with arrows. Please keep at least 3 ft. distance between yourself and others.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 10 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
Safety Precautions Taken By Our School
In addition to asking everyone to wear masks, wash hands, and maintain social distancing, our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students. These steps have been recommended by the CDC and local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Class sizes: We're maintaining the recommended class size based on room capacity for three (3) feet of social distancing not to exceed class sizes of:
- 18 students for Pre-K
- 25 students for Kindergarten
- 32 students for grades 1 to 5
- Improvements in ventilation: In an effort to maximize air circulation, we are opening windows whenever possible and have added air purifiers to classrooms and high traffic areas.
- Increases in cleaning frequency: Our custodial team is committed to cleaning and sanitizing our entire school building thoroughly. In addition, all classroom teachers have been provided with sanitizing wipes to wipe down surfaces and shared resources on an as-needed basis throughout the school day.
- Hand sanitation: All bathrooms have been stocked with extra soap for frequent hand washing. In addition, we have provided teachers with hand sanitizer for the classroom and added hand sanitizer stations in common areas.