Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Location: Room B02
Telephone: 718-567-7661 Ex. 192
Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 9 am to 11 am
Officers of the PTA
President: Francisco Coatl
Vice President:Claudia Cuateco
Treasurer: Elia Hueyopa
Secretary: Paulina Flores
- September 18, 2019 at 8:30 am
- October 8, 2019 at 8:30 am
- November 12, 2019 at 8:30 am
- December 10, 2019 at 8:30 am
- January 14, 2020 at 8:30 am
- February 11, 2020 at 8:30 am
- March 10, 2020 at 8:30 am
- April 7, 2020 at 8:30 am
- May 12, 2020 at 8:30 am
- June 10, 2020 at 8:30 am
Who is a member of the PTA?
All parents, step-parents, legal guardians, foster parents and persons in parental relations are automatically members of the PTA. These members annually elect the Officers of the PTA.
What does the PTA do?
The PTA advocates for students and families, updates parents and families about the school and supports the school by raising funds.
School Leadership Team (SLT)
|Deborah Healy||UFT Representative||Teachers (Out of Classroom)|
|Junior Iglesias||Teacher||Teachers (Classroom)|
|Catherine Martinez||Teacher||Teachers (Classroom)|
|Jessica Tamerlani||Teacher||Teachers (Out of Classroom)|
|Francisco Coatl||PTA President||Parents|
|Ana Aguilar||PAC Chairperson||Parents|
|Samantha Williams||CFL Supervisor||CBO|
- September 26, 2019 at 3:30 pm
- October 29, 2019 at 4:10 pm
- November 21, 2019 at 3:30 pm
- December 17, 2019 at 4:10 pm
- January 28, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- February 25, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- March 31, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- April 28, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- May 15, 2020 at 3:30 pm
- June 8, 2020 at 4:10 pm
What does the SLT do?
The role of the School Leadership Team is to help guide school wide decisions. The SLT meets once a month and focus on many tasks including:
- Participating in the development and review of the Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP)
- Ensuring that the budget is aligned to support the CEP
- Working collaboratively with other team members by sharing our ideas and concerns
- Engaging in collaborative problem-solving and solution-seeking that will lead to consensus-based decisions that meet the needs of all students
How can you attend a SLT meeting?
The following are the two ways you may attend an SLT meeting:
Open Chair: The SLT may invite members to sit in on a meeting. The person may be invited to lend pertinent information or expertise on a particular subject or issue.
Visitor: A person who requests to address the team because of a particular concern. A visitor may attend a meeting provided a prior request or statement of intent is made to the Chair at least one week in advance. Visitors may not participate in Team business. The Chair will consult with the Core for a decision.
Diversity Committee Members
|Althea Johnson||Assistant Principal|
|Koreen Valtierra||Committee Chair / Music Teacher|
|Michelle Ortiz||Parent Coordinator|
|Yajaira Hernandez||2nd Grade Teacher|
|Amanda Berkey||4th Grade Teacher|
|Lenisy Henriquez||5th Grade Teacher|
|Meghan Sciannameo||Literacy Coach|
|Robert Randazzo||Theatre Teacher|
|Ana Vera||Speech Pathologist|
|Alana Shebrio||Speech Pathologist|
|Samantha Williams||CFL Director|
- November 25, 2019 at 4:10 pm
- December 16, 2019 at 4:10 pm
- January 27, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- February 24, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- March 23, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- April 27, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- May 18, 2020 at 4:10 pm
- June 15, 2020 at 4:10 pm (Tentative)
What is the Diversity Committee?
The Diversity Committee is a group of members of P.S. 001 staff and families. The committee strives to support P.S. 001 in creating an equitable environment for all students, staff, and families. The Diversity Committee is a voluntary committee that meets after school once a month to work together on awareness of diversity and equity, building community within our staff, students and families and reflecting on our own practices in regards to diversity and equity.