Pre-Kindergarten student's (children born in 2015) are contacted via a waitlist process. Please call 718-330-9298 and speak with Betsy to find out how your child can be placed on the wait list.
Please note, our school does not offer the 3K for All program at this time.
Kindergarten to 5th Grade Registration
P.S. 001 registers their zoned students. To find out if your child is zoned to our school please go to Find a School and enter your address or call 311.
If your child is zoned to P.S. 001, be sure to bring the following when you register for school:
- Proof of your child’s age (child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism),
- Your child’s immunization records (if available),
- Your child’s latest report card/transcript (if available),
- Two (2) of the documents below verifying proof of address:
- Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (such as National Grid or Con Edison)—must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address—must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A current property tax bill for the residence;
- A water bill for the residence—must be dated within the past 90 days;
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence—must be dated within the past 60 days;
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
- Income tax form for the last calendar year;
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a paystub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes, or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate)—must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (such as neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.