To stay up to date with any changes to procedures or scheduling, please:
- Sign up for updates through the Notify App using the school code: BVW9YR. Download the app using the Notify tab to the right.
- Download ClassDojo and join our school community - P.S. 1 The Bergen School
- Visit us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram - @ps1thebergen
- We'll also be sending out emails to all families.
Our school will provide free meals to our students:
- Pre-packaged breakfast will be available for all in person students at arrival.
- Pre-packaged hot lunches will be provided to all in person students during their assigned lunch periods.
New York City is committed to making free meals available daily for all New Yorkers. Any New Yorker can receive free meals available across the city. Please read the information below on how to find a location online or text “NYC FOOD” or “NYC COMIDA” to 877-877 (text messaging and data rates may apply).
FOR STUDENTS AND FAMILES
- All families and students can visit to pick up three free grab-and-go meals.
- Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm
- No registration, ID, or documentation required
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- To find the location closet to you, please visit Take Out Location Near You
Help for Families
We know that many families are struggling during this time, and we are here to help.
- We are providing free breakfast and lunch for all students during in-school days. Students and families needing additional food support may pick up free meals through the Meal Hub program
- Our social worker and school psychiatrist are available for virtual meetings. They can also connect your family with community resources to help you.
- Please contact Ms. Pinzon, our School Psychiatrist, if your child is experiencing trauma or mental health issues or needs to be evaluated for an IEP or 504 plan.
- Please contact TBD, our Social Worker, if your family has lost housing, is experiencing a crisis, or needs additional support during this time.
- There are many community resources available for families who need help with housing support, utilities, mental health services, crisis services, and other supports during this time. Use the quick links to the right to connect with more community resources.