Change of Address
It is very important to periodically review the information on file for your child. In order to review the address on file for your child, please visit NYC Schools Account. If your child's address is not their current address, please collect the necessary documents from the list below and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at the school during office hours, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 2 pm.
What do you need to change your child's address on file?
In order to change your child's address on file you must:
- Complete the "Housing Questionnaire" below and
- Provide two (2) proofs of address from the list below:
- Lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- A current property tax bill for the residence;
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
- Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
- Income tax form for the last calendar year;
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a paystub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes, or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence.
Completed forms and proofs should be emailed to Glorimar Ortiz Sifre, Pupil Accounting Secretary, at email@example.com.
Housing Questionnaire Form by Language
What if I'm not the primary lease holder or share the apartment?
If you are subletting an apartment or home, or if more than one family shares a living space and there is only one leaseholder or homeowner, residency can be demonstrated by completing a Parent Affidavit of Residency form, found below, signed by both the primary leaseholder as well as the parent affirming that the family is residing in the apartment or home, and two other documents from the list above verifying the family’s home address.